Removing voices etc. to free up space

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Is it possible to remove the unused voices and some extras on my new TT 2535 to free up some space? My old TT 730 appears as a separate device on my PC but the new TT 2535 doesn't. I apologize if a solution has been previously posted

Select 'Add community content' in the MyTomTom desktop icon when the device is connected. The web page that opens shows any custom pois, community (not built in) voices, images, colour schemes, car icons on the device.

You can choose to remove (or copy to the computer) any or all of them.

Many thanks. I really appreciate your advice. I was concerned about future map installs and having no SD slot on this unit. I'm assuming the new map updates will overwrite the old ones.

I added community content but there was no menu to remove voices. On the webpage they have the following: It was a snap on the old TT 730.
Removing voices
In MyTomTom you can currently only remove community voices.

Again...

You should be in fine shape for any future N.A. map installs for some time to come, and yes, new maps will overwrite old ones. If your unit isn't already at map version 915 (it probably isn't unless you did this right out of the box), you'll be able to update pretty much immediately and you'll have a chance to see how MyTomTom manages this process. So far, there should be no need to remove anything from the unit to get the new map to fit. You'll see that MyTomTom reports used and available memory when you start playing with Manage Content.

Any future maps of other areas (e.g., Europe, or wherever) that you want to install can be swapped on and off the unit as needed. The MyTomTom user interface is very different from what you've come to know on Home and your 730.

One additional item ... your GO2535 will always keep 100MB free for itself (not for you) for installing new firmware on the unit. The rule (very sensible) is that any new firmware has to be uploaded to the unit and sanity checked before it replaces what's already there, so there always has to be room for both the old and new firmware at the same time -- hence the allocation of the 100MB. The rest is yours to play with.

I added community content but there was no menu to remove voices. On the webpage they have the following: It was a snap on the old TT 730.
Removing voices
In MyTomTom you can currently only remove community voices.
It is true that you cannot remove the one 'computer' voice on the unit. Neither should there ever be a reason to do so. It's the only one available that will pronounce street names.

Ask a Question