RDS-TMC Traffic in San Francisco

Strange, as another member posted no issues with that model.

Try this:
- backup the device per this step
- delete everything on the device, except for the USA/Canada/Mexico folder and the LoquendoTTS folder. Make sure you delete all the loose files in the root folder too.
- Connect to Tomtom HOME, do "manage my ONE", and remove everything from the Tomtom except for maps and voices
- Then do "Update my ONE" and keep updating the app until you're back at 9.053

If that doesn't help, try running this tool 3 times in a row.

See if that helps.

Also, make sure the antenna is on "automatic tuning", fully uncoiled, and let it search for a good 3-5 minutes. The first time it searches for a station it sometimes takes a long time. Subsequent station searches should be quicker.

TomTom says it doesn't work with the 140S

I was told by a TomTom customer service person that this receiver will not work with the 140S and that TomTom use currently does not sell a receiver that will support the 140S.

Do you have reason to believe that information is not correct? Have you seen this particular receiver work with a 140S? Other reason to believe so?

Thanks

Do you have reason to believe that information is not correct? Have you seen this particular receiver work with a 140S? Other reason to believe so?

I cannot be certain one way or the other as I've never owned a 140S.

What I do know is:
- The receiver is deliberately disabled on certain START/EASE models, so it's possible that the ONE 140S is also disabled.
- you need app 9.05x for the receiver to work
- and that another member said the receiver works fine on their 140S

Customer support is usually right about things, but they occasionally have erroneous support scripts.

Ask a Question