random freezing, hanging, malfunctioning

Randomly my tomtom, wont play music. Like I will go into the juke box, and press play, which then kicks me straight back to main map screen -- but nothing happens -- I can go forward track, and it shows the name of next track, but does not play. After about 90 seconds, it will ussually finally say "one moment please" and then might start playing music, BUT.......

When it does start playing music, it might still do something stupid, like playing one song, and displaying the title of another.

Or one time, it even randomly planned a route, when I had no route planned, and certainly didn't start one, (i was just trying to play music)

Another completely different thing it did today, is that I could look at POI's, in the "Navigate to" menu, etc. -- and I could look at each POI (you know -- the screen where you see the mini map, check details, have button to call, and normally have a button to select it to route to) -- Except I had no select/route button -- it was just completely missing -- (only 2 buttons on the bottom of screen).
Just to make sure, I canceled my current route, so I was not on a route -- and I checked many POI's, including ones, that I know for sure I have routed to before.

Has this kind of strange nonsensical malfunctioning happened to anyone else? Anyone have any idea's why, or how to stop it?

Ask a Question