Quick way to MUTE voice?

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if there's a shortcut to muting the voices? For instance, it would be nice if there was a way to hack & place a mute button (like the zoom in/out buttons) onto the main map screen so it's there at all times?

It's just annoying sometimes when you're on the phone (the rare time I'm driving and talking :) ) and the TomTom is still giving you directions.

Any tips or tricks?

thanks,
Bails

Hello Bails and welcome.
Just lower the volume by tapiing the bottom left side of the main screen and drag the volume down.

I know this sounds a little stupid, but there must be a way to mute these things. One my trip to England recently, I drove to Scotland with voice guidance. On arrival I put it away in my bag and on leaving I had lost the voice but the was a new little Icon in the bottom left hand corner with a red line through it. I eventually got the voice back by tapping the volume area and pushing the slide bar all the way up.

To date I have not been able to repeat this.

Graeme:confused:

My 910 cuts the voice when you are talking on the phone. There is an audible beep that will direct your attention to the screen and the upcoming turn but it does not interrupt your conversation. In fact hate listening to music or an audio book when navigating because the damn thing constantly turns off what I'm listening to so that the voice directions can play over it. I'd love the option to shut up the voice directions in favor of that soft beep when listening to content while navigating.

I know this sounds a little stupid, but there must be a way to mute these things.

The speaker icon mutes and unmutes the TomTom:

TomTom_ONE_XL_075.jpg

The muted symbol in the lower left corner:

TomTom_ONE_XL_046.jpg

Thanks, that seems to be the quickest way vs going into the preferences.

I guess I was hoping for a mute shortcut which would appear on the main screen just like how you can put a compass on the screen if you so choose.

Hello Bails and welcome.
Just lower the volume by tapiing the bottom left side of the main screen and drag the volume down.

Lowering volume

I believe if you tap twice on the lower left the volume will go down to your finger spot. 1st tap gets the slide bar and the 2nd tap moves the volume button to correspond to your finger location.

The option is under "preferences" and in same spot in menu as "preferences" as in above photos. Which also aligns with the blue icon on the navigation screen.

So I just touch my "blue icon" 3X for switching volume off/on since they are all lined up on screen.

It is like 2nd nature now when the phone rings. Seems quicker than lowering volume with the slider, plus always goes right back to my preferred level.

Ask a Question