Question about maps for Costa Rica

Discussion in 'TomTom 3rd Party Software' started by saxman, Nov 4, 2010.

1. saxman

saxman

Folks,

I have been reading the forums and found out that there are no maps available for Costa Rica. However, at the same time, I do not mind trying out things to get some sort of GPS navigation available in Costa Rica. I have a GO720 and a GO730 available that I can try and use. Depending on which one is easier to get setup.

From what I have read, it looks like there are a few steps involved in getting this working:

I should load up roussilat's Offroad Navigator software on the device.
    Use Google Maps/OpenStreet Map to get the upper left corner(NW) coordinates and the lower right corner(SE) coordinates of map .
    Take a screen capture of this image
    Use Marc Hillman's utility to calibrate the map and split it into smaller maps that will fit the GPS
    Create a config.map file that contains the list of coordinates and the corresponding bmps
    The file resides in the /offroad/maps directory on the device

After doing all of this, I should be able to use the Offroad Navigator to give me directions based on the coordinates? Is that a correct assumption?

In order for Offroad Navigator to work, I also would have to disable the Tomtom Application.

Please let me know if I have missed some things.

saxman, Nov 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question