Problems accurately placing destinations

I use the TomTom iPhone app. When I enter addresses manually, or select them from my contacts, TomTom has so far rarely placed the destination in the correct location in Atlanta. Almost 90% of the time, the destination is about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile away from the correct spot. In downtown Atlanta (where traffic can be horrible) this can cause lots of problems. For example, yesterday it took me an extra 15 minutes to get to my destination because the actual destination turned out to be 1/4 mile in the opposite direction.

I know it's not necessarily some weird Atlanta problem because Google Maps and Yahoo Maps both place the street addresses correctly (and I've taken to checking before I leave the house so that I know where the destination will actually be).

Is this a common problem? Am I just really unlucky with the addresses I go to? Is there just a map update for Atlanta due soon? Is there any way to fix it on the iPhone version of TomTom? I like TomTom's IQRoutes and often find them to be better routes than I would otherwise be given, but it doesn't help if it sends me to the wrong place!

Last edited:

Ask a Question