Problem with Offroad Navigator

TomTom Model(s)
One
I don't know how to get in touch with the author (I don't read French), so I thought I'd try here...

I was trying to navigate using Offroad Navigator, but, after I entered my Lat/Long points, the directional arrow to display and then I would see the message "No more waypoints in itinerary". and the locator and information I entered would disappear.

I tried to stop the program and restart the TT, but the problem persisted. It was very annoying not being able to be directed to Lat/Long points as promised...

I demand a refund!

Thanks for the help...

DrMatt.
i have used offroad a little and it sounds like you are puting in the Lat/Long points of where you are. you just need Lat/Long points where you are going tomtom/offroad knows wher you are ;)

DrMatt.
i have used offroad a little and it sounds like you are puting in the Lat/Long points of where you are. you just need Lat/Long points where you are going tomtom/offroad knows wher you are ;)

Hmmm... You know... you may be right. I was geocaching and WAS standing very close to where I needed to be.

So, Offroad will delete the coordinates and default back into non-search mode when you reach your location?

THis is the way i use it. I creat a favorite place useing Lat/Long points i found with tomtom thin i go over the hills and through the woods useing offroad :D

This is the site of the author! Don't know his full real name (Vince LP), but he is well known as roussillat in the english and german TomTom forum. His email adress is (e-mail address removed) and you could write him in english.
Oskar

I was trying to navigate using Offroad Navigator, but, after I entered my Lat/Long points, the directional arrow to display and then I would see the message "No more waypoints in itinerary". and the locator and information I entered would disappear.
Thanks for the help...

It only means that you entered GPS coordinates of a point which is too near from you. You need to define a smaller target distance (1 meter is the minimum), so that Offroad doesn't consider you've already reached the target.

It only means that you entered GPS coordinates of a point which is too near from you. You need to define a smaller target distance (1 meter is the minimum), so that Offroad doesn't consider you've already reached the target.

Yes... I finally figured that out...

When my wife and I were geocaching, I also noticed that the TT1 gets a bit skittish and doesn't update very well when you're close to your destination.

I would love to see some kind of indicator from Offroad that you're on top of your destination... Or... "You are X yards from your desired coordinates."

Installation
  • unzip the downloaded file in the Tomtom Home Content directory,
  • launch Tomtom Home,
  • select the software and install it.

If you don't know where your Content directory is, just open HOME then File>Preferences>Advanced tab

didnt work at all

nizoral1, did you install it ok?
Let us know if you are having problems.

I uninstalled it! It didn't work good at all. I went out and bought a garmin Etrex legend for my off road geocaching. the garmin brought me within 3 feet of the geocach but the tom tom wasn't even close. The tomtom is great for the car bu stinks for off road and geocaching!!!
Thanks for your previous help installing the avobe program.
Scott

In its original settings, I believe that Offroad is set to an accuracy of 30 metres (100 feet). You could try resetting that value down to 1 metre.

In its original settings, I believe that Offroad is set to an accuracy of 30 metres (100 feet). You could try resetting that value down to 1 metre.

Yes, you can do that. But you also need to use the last version and use the "Real coordinates" functionality.

When this functionality is used, the Tomtom is set in a non-static navigation mode that allows a permanent refresh of the coordinates.

The static navigation mode has been introduced for road navigation, to avoid permanent changes of the coordinates, that would imply permanent recalculation of itinerary and permanent map movements. In static navigation mode, if the speed is lower than 4 km/h, the coordinates are not refreshed, until a certain period.

With the "Real coordinates" function of v1.6b2, you'll get always refreshed coordinates and Tomtom will be able to driv you to your cache, at a distance depending on GPS signal accuracy.

Installation problems

I am having problems installing your plug-ins. I have unzipped the files and put them in the contents folder, but TomTom Home does not see them. The preferences look OK, but nothing shows.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

Hello Andy. Try placing the unzipped files to another easier location and set your HOME preference to look at that location.
Let's see if this works.

I am having problems installing your plug-ins. I have unzipped the files and put them in the contents folder, but TomTom Home does not see them. The preferences look OK, but nothing shows.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

In addition to Pedro2NR's advice, make sure that there are 2 files that appear a *.cab and *.toc.

If thats what you have and you are currently in HOME you won't see it in the list. You can either exit HOME and reopen it or open virtual TomTom and then turn it off. If you do either of those things then you should see the app appear under applications.

Ask a Question