Problem with new map update service

I just purchased the map update servce. Before it installed it told me the map needed to be updated and that I would also be charged for the service. After the install my North America map version is 825.2157. I believe this is the current version but I'm not sure. My sw is version 8.302. I believe I am current but when I connect to home, it's telling me there is a map update available for another $89 and that my map is not up to date. Seems I also got charged twice for the service. Does anyone know if my map version is up to date and why it would tell me it is not. Has anyone else had trouble with the update service?

According to TomTom tech support, there is a bug in the Home interface. It's not yet able to tell when you've signed up for the Updater Service (or' apparently, that you've downloaded the latest map). They're aware of this problem.

Call them on Monday at 866 486 6866 to determine if you're paid twice & to get a refund, if that's the case.

calling support

Thanks for the reply. The whole process was very confusing and I'm so NOT looking forward to calling their support, although it's probably my only choice. I am consistently disappointed by their support. Let's see what happens...

Same thing happened to me over the weekend. They had me try logging out of Home, Closing it down, then restarting and relogging in. Nothing changed. I have 'apparently' the new map, but it keeps saying newer versions are available, and then it keeps asking me if I want to buy the Update Service, which I already have done. Just a bug I'm sure, and I know they are aware there's an issue.

I contacted TomTom and here is the response:

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. The version 8.25 map is our latest map, and another map will not be released for 3 months. The message is due to the software associated to the new service. We show that the Map Update Service is in your account, and assure you that you will receive the next map. We are currently gathering data for this, so we may correct this. Thank you in advance for your patience in this matter.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST.

Ask a Question