Problem with "Any POI Category"

When I try to search for something by selecting "Any POI Category" it only includes POI categories that are stored as files that are separate from poi.dat and crpoi.dat. In other words, it only searches through the .ov2 files. Is there a way to truly search all categories?

I noticed that tomtom itself stores parks and school separate from their main POI .dat files, so they come up in the search. I wonder what makes these two categories special?

I know which files its looking in because the results that come up in an "all poi categories" search consist solely of POIs in categories that I have added, and all other POI categories are ignored. I don't know why it's doing this.

Nevermind I figured out the problem. I had too many .ov2 files! the 720 searches through your custom ov2 files first and if it hits a limit (whatever that is, not sure) it won't even search through its own database. Upon removing all of the ov2 files the "Any POI category" search worked as advertised. I will try combining all of my ov2 files into one file and then putting them back on the tomtom using this tool: http://tomtom.gps-data-team.com/poi/join-ov2.php

Ask a Question