poi problem

TomTom Model(s)
xxl550m
hello , i am not a techie. I have a problem with poi display, unable to manage poi content after latest update need some help

Are you saying that you are unable to get POI icons for a given category to appear on the driving or map views, or ??? When you say "manage" POI content, I'm not clear about what you mean.

when i go to manage poi,s 6 icons appear but only 3 of them are highlighted the other 3 are dim and they are unable to be be used( touched and accessed)::)

I'm intrigued!
I don't think I've ever seen anything on a POI list on a TomTom that's greyed-out and not able to be selected, normally they are just "there" or "not there". (or sometimes missing the icon).

But it certainly sounds like there is something wrong with the POI files themselves.
Where did they come from? Were they downloaded from the web, or ones you created yourself on the unit?

Can you post one of the file-sets up on here for us to look at? (zip it up and add it as an attachment to your reply or just send us the link to where it came from).

I'm intrigued!
I don't think I've ever seen anything on a POI list on a TomTom that's greyed-out and not able to be selected, normally they are just "there" or "not there". (or sometimes missing the icon).

But it certainly sounds like there is something wrong with the POI files themselves.
Where did they come from? Were they downloaded from the web, or ones you created yourself on the unit?

Can you post one of the file-sets up on here for us to look at? (zip it up and add it as an attachment to your reply or just send us the link to where it came from).
i am not savvy enuf to know where the files are or how to zip them up,,, the problem has occurred after updating my device from tom tom update

Well where did the files come from? Can we get copies from the original source.

Or can we talk you through doing what I asked?
Without some more to go on, we can't help much.

solved problem

tks to all I shut device completely off and rebooted and the problem cleared up..dont know what happen ed but all good now.... its nice to know though that you folks are out there to help :)

Hmm.. have seen that on Nav3 units, but that's a first for Nav2.

Specifically -- having to reboot the unit the first time that custom POI data is added to a unit. But to the OP:

Were these custom POI (ones that you added) or ones that came with the unit?

Ask a Question