problem resolved, sort of.

I plugged tom tom into my computer for some reason just before sending it in for repairs, downloaded some updates, and all of a sudden it works...sort of. Like others, it freezes up and at the worst possible time. Thanks for advice on using paper clips to reboot, though I live in france and suddenly can't find any the right size!!!

I still feel I bought a lemon. I have to say that I never heard of the tomtom company before buying this so there's not much point in criticizing them, but given the high rating given to this junk from Consumer Report mag I think those people at CR ought to hang their heads in shame. If they don't check out public formums like this one before doing final report on a product THEY SHOULD!!!! Silly to think you can "test" a tom-tom in a few days or few weeks, if that's what they did. Ridiculous sample size and time span.

Ask a Question