XL Live connection problem - RESOLVED

Hello all,

I have a Tomtom XL Live. I am currently busy with updating it because it freezes from time to time. I already updated it with the same laptop with XP about a year ago. The laptop recognizes the device because I can see it under device manager->Disk Drives. However, Tomtom Home can't recognizes it by saying "No device connected". I can see the device as removable device in the explorer but if I enter it says "The disk in drive G is not formatted. Do you want to format it now.". What do you think about this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Then, try again to connect.........

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Then, try again to connect.........

I have just tried bu no go.

I should see some files when I click the removable disk of Tomtom, right?

The tomtom screen shows

untitled_clip_image008.jpg

Whenever I click the removable disk of Tomtom, it turns immediately to that picture:

untitled_clip_image006.jpg

PS: Pictures do not belong to my Tomtom but the figures are the same. I found the pictures by surfing the internet.

Try a different usb port, preferably one on the back. Are you using the cable originally provided with the unit?

Try a different usb port, preferably one on the back. Are you using the cable originally provided with the unit?

I tried all the USB ports but didn't work.

Yes I am using original cable.

I will give it a try iin my wife's laptop and report here.

Problem solved. I installed Tomtom Home in my wife's laptop and I could update the device properly. Thank you my wife :lol:

Ask a Question