LIVE connection problems

I just got a TomTom GO 2535 M LIVE unit. Out of the box the unit flat out refused to connect to LIVE services. I didn't see what software version it came with. I installed the new navcore version along with the 875 map last night. This seems to have fixed most of the LIVE connection problems, but things are still very hit and miss. Sometimes right after power on, if the GPS unit is drawing the map at the same time it's connecting to the cell network it won't connect to the LIVE services. This is especially true if the unit is trying to draw the map, change from day to night and connect to LIVE services all at the same time. System maintenance aside, does anyone know how make the GO 2535 M LIVE connect to LIVE services every single time the unit gets powered on? This GPS unit does me no good if it's going to make me late.

I had to peek at your IP address to get some clue about where you are. Live issues do pop up at times in various places. I see you are up in Oregon - and we have not had any recent complaints about outages in that area.

In order to know what kind of connection problem you are experiencing, once the unit is on and settled for just a minute, could you answer a couple of questions for us?

First, is the unit displaying any error codes on a red screen related to Live services? In some cases, the error code helps us to uncover the source of the problem.

Second, I can't pinpoint exactly where you are, but I wonder about the 'cell' coverage in your area for the provider for these services. Next time you turn on your unit, please check as follows:

Main screen
Settings
R arrow
Connections
Network

Advise what you find there in all respects.

When done,
R arrow 4 times
Version information

Advise your current "App" version number

I'm in Beaverton, Oregon. My unit showed 3 bars of cell network coverage. This area is among AT&T's strongest coverage areas. The LIVE services seem to be working better now. Unlike Garmin and the older XL LIVE units, this new GO 2535 unit actually keeps trying to connect. The other LIVE units try a few times and give up.

Ask a Question