Problem connecting TT One XL to phone (SPV M3100)

I have a TomTom One XL and I've just bought a subscription to TomTom traffic here in the UK and would consequently like to get my TomTom to connect to PLUS services via bluetooth on my phone to retrieve this data.

My phone is an Orange SPV M3100 AKA a HTC TyTn among other names.

My TomTom reports that it cannot connect to the data services on the M3100. Here's what happens...

I'll start from scratch by deleting the device pairing on my M3100. Then...

On the TomTom
---------------
1) Navigate to "Manage Phones" and click that
2) TT asks me whether I want to stay paired to "MyPhoneName"
3) I click "No"
4) TT then prompts to make sure Bluetooth is enabled and asks if it can start searching for phones.
5) I click "Yes"
6) TT searches and finds my M3100 and others.
7) I select my phone from the list
8) TT reports "The phone may now be used. The following features were found: Wireless data connection." [Continue]
9) I click "Continue"
10) TT now reports:
TomTom PLUS
To use the TomTom PLUS services, you need to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to do this now?"
11) I click "Yes"
12) The TT presents a screen with an increasing % progress bar and tells me to enter "0000" on my phone if prompted.
13) My M3100 prompts me to enter the passcode and I enter "0000"
14) The TT puts up a list of phones
15) As per the previous post, I select "Other" as the M3100 is not listed.
16) The TT again presents a screen with an increasing % progress bar and indicates it's checking wireless data connection settings.
17) The TT asks me to select country
18) I select "UK"
19) The TT again presents a screen with an increasing % progress bar and indicates it's checking wireless data connection settings.
20) The TT asks me to select provider.

Note: I have an Orange monthly contract so I select "Orange GB (Contract)" although I have also tried to select "Orange GB WAP (Contract)" to no avail.

21) I select Orange GB (Contract)
22) The TT again presents a screen with an increasing % progress bar and indicates it's checking wireless data connection settings (up to 65% now).
23) The TT thinks a while and then reports "Unable to setup your wireless data connection. Do you want to try another phone model or do you want to set up your wireless data connection manually?"
24) I select "Manual"
25) The TomTom now presents me with an editable "Access Point Name" of "orangeinternet".
26) I select "OK"
27) The TomTom now presents me with an editable "Username" of "gprs".
28) I select "OK"
29) The TomTom now presents me with an editable "Password" of "gprs".
30) I select "OK"
31) The TT then asks if I want automatic or manual IP addresses
32) I select "Automatic"
33) The TT then asks if I want to obtain my DNS Server address automaticly or set it up manually
34) I select "Automatic"
35) The TomTom now presents me with an editable "Dial" prompt of "*99***1#"
36) I select "OK"
37) The TomTom now presents me with an editable "Login script" prompt of [at+cgdcont=1,"IP","orangeinternet"].

Note that in the above string, the open/close square brackets are not typed in or present on the TomTom and I have reproduced puntuation, quotes and spaces as they appear on the TomTom.

38) I select "OK" again.
39) The TT again presents a screen with an increasing % progress bar and indicates it's checking wireless data connection settings (still at 65%).
40) The TT thinks a while and then reports "Unable to setup your wireless data connection. Do you want to change your settings?"
41) I select "No"
(...because I do not know what else to set them to)
42) The TT reports "Set up cancelled"

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get the detail in.

Having said all this, I feel that the problem lies in what I am entering in steps 25 to 30.

Can anyone help me get past this?

Cheers!

avmad

Here's what I did which you probably already thought of. My Cingular 8125 was not listed so in a Google search window I typed my cell name & model # and TOMTOM. Sure enough Google found a forum where a guy figured out a phone model to use that I never even heard of, I followed his steps and bingo. I think the trick was that phone was also GPRS...Good Luck!

Lou

I'm suffering the same complaint with my HTC TyTN. It previously worked perfectly, but I have had problem since updating to WM6 (had to do some tweaks even to get TomTom to communicate with WM6). Symptoms are exactly the same as avmad- except I am trying to connect with o2. I have tried just about every combination of username and password as recommended on various forums- including manual set-up, as above. Is it possible to find a phone in the list of Tom Tom910 which is equivalent to HTC TyTN which would allow connection..... don't really want to try them all!!

Getting very frustrated....... Help!

Ask a Question