Having problem disconnecting windshield dock

I just acquired a 510 today, and want to disconnect the windshield dock in order to use the computer dock. No matter how hard I try in pushing in the 'A' button, and trying to twist, turn, pull, push, etc., cannot get the dock to release. Did read another complaint about this problem on an Amazon comment.

Is there a solution? Unit is 2006; and doubt if the w/s dock has been disconnected since initial installed.
Thanks
:(:confused:

I just acquired a 510 today, and want to disconnect the windshield dock in order to use the computer dock. No matter how hard I try in pushing in the 'A' button, and trying to twist, turn, pull, push, etc., cannot get the dock to release. Did read another complaint about this problem on an Amazon comment.

Is there a solution? Unit is 2006; and doubt if the w/s dock has been disconnected since initial installed.
Thanks
:(:confused:

don't know what type of doc you have but on a strictly suction cup doc their is a elongated pul tab to release suction.

My 510 doesn't need anything pressed to release it. You just tip the dock upwards. See the picture here if it helps.

Finally ....

Success after much pulling, pushing, twisting, etc. it popped loose. Don't see any reason why ... such as rust or sticky stuff ... but sure was stuborn !!! Presume the former owner never tried to remove the mount to use the home dock.

Not the problem.

Need to disconnect windshield dock from the GPS; not the dock from the windshield. That is no problem.

My 510 doesn't need anything pressed to release it. You just tip the dock upwards. See the picture here if it helps.

There is a button in the middle of the unit above the screen, when pushed, releases it form the windshield mout. You may be doing damage to the attaching mechanism by just popping it forward. i have a 510 and just moved up to 740Live. The 740Live does have a strong suction cup.Even after turning the locking ring it is a wrestling match to remove it from the windshield. Pulling the ears on the cup gives a feeling that they are going to be torn off.

Once again, N/A.

There is a button in the middle of the unit above the screen, when pushed, releases it form the windshield mout. You may be doing damage to the attaching mechanism by just popping it forward. i have a 510 and just moved up to 740Live. The 740Live does have a strong suction cup.Even after turning the locking ring it is a wrestling match to remove it from the windshield. Pulling the ears on the cup gives a feeling that they are going to be torn off.

Ask a Question