Having problem connecting my Verizon Phone

Hello all,:confused:
I have a Samsung SCH U740 which i can connect via Bluetooth. But when i try to use the Plus services it will not connect to my phone. I have a Mobile web service with my phone. When i go through the setup process. all i see is T-Mobile US (I)(II)(III)(IV), CellularOne, AT&T Wireless, Cingular Wireless, & Cingular Wireless(media works) I do not see Verizon Wireless. I am guess that there is no compatability with Verizon Wireless.:eek:
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

You need to have a $59/month data plan in order to use the Plus services with
your Verizon phone. The $5/month Mobile Web is for the phone only.
Keith

I spoke to Verizon (I have a Razr V3m). They told me it wasn't possible to use the TomTom on their network. The girl actually told me they block these GPS devices so you have to use their Navigator product (which I did have prior to getting a TomTom).

I confirmed this with TomTom. The data connection is not compatible they told me since Verizon put some sort of fix in place. The same goes for Sprint (cannot use their network).

They told me only ATT/Cingular and DT/T-Mobile work with their service.

I got it...

I got my Samsunf SCH-U740 to finally work. After tricking the thing to conect bluetooth... I had trouble getting it to connect to TomTom plus. I used the following settings:

Access Point name: vzw3g
Username: <mobile#>@vzw3g.com
Password: vzw
Dialup: #777
use DHCP-auto and DNS-auto
left blank for Logon Script

Next... I had to be in a place where the EVDO is working. The "EV" on the reception meter has to be present, not just the "1X". Make sure you set the above access point settings in an area with "EV" reception. After doing this, it was no problem.

To "trick" my Go 910 to connect to my verizon cell phone, I did the following:
My wife and I both have the SCH-U740, I named mine "powder" under the bluetooth settings to delineate the 2. I next set the TomTom to discovery mode while at the same time placing "powder" to discovery mode. I then set my wifes phone to activly connect to the TomTom (showed a MAC address). While my wife's phone interrogated the TomTom, TomTom asked if I wanted to connect to Powder and *poof* it worked.

Hope this helps as it took me an hour to figure it out.

I guess I have a different phone but I couldn't do it with my Verizon 8130 BlackBerry Pearl. It would exit EV mode and that's when my tomtom comes up with an error saying I cannot set up the wireless connection. oh well...

Wolfpack, I'm somewhat certain you can get the Pearl to work ,because I got my 7130e to work.. Somewhere on this forum, someone posted that you had to update the Blackberry OS. I did just that (look in blackberryforums.com)- the only thing that caused me slight concern is that I had to use alltel's OS, which worked fine (you can't tell that it is alltel) but some of my themes no longer worked, and I had to reteach the autotype. In the end, I think it was worth it to get my tomtom and other devices working with it.

Ask a Question