GO-930 NPO Problem Connecting to PC

I'm having a problem with my GO-930 operating from my Win XP PC that has been there for years now. I've tried TomTom for support that has been basically "useless", and I gave up. Then today, I recieved an email indicating that the Forum had been updated and so thought I'd try one more time with my problem.

If I try to operate my TomTom from my PC, I get an NPO error message - see below. At one time, I could operate my TomTom from my PC, but after an early upgrade from TomTom that became impossible. My TomTom operates OK out of it's cradle and away from my PC, and I'm using TomTom Home Version 2.8. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make my TomTom operate from my PC?

Thanks,

Jim

ERROR: Error: Error calling method on NPObject!
in chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:232
Stack:
0. function startup_navigator("J64128I001RJ","8-351-9982-1.dll","30","Latin-1","M:*L:") unknown
1. function () chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:232
dataFolder);
2. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:148
this.initEmulator();
3. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
4. function () chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:442
this.successCallback(this.resultXML);
5. function (true) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
this._doneCallbacks();
6. function ([object ProgressEvent]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }
Time: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:37:26 GMT

Well, TomTom has this to say about that kind of error:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/13343/

If you think it applies in your case, create a new user email address (doesn't have to be real, just in the form of (e-mail address removed).

If you do create the new identity and then see a message in Home saying something to the effect of 'unit not associated with this email. Want to associate it?' Say 'yes'.

Well, TomTom has this to say about that kind of error:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/13343/

If you think it applies in your case, create a new user email address (doesn't have to be real, just in the form of (e-mail address removed).

If you do create the new identity and then see a message in Home saying something to the effect of 'unit not associated with this email. Want to associate it?' Say 'yes'.
I don't think this applies to me as my email address is already in the correct format. Hopefully others will reply with other suggestions. BTW I just updated to TomTom Home Version 2.8.3.2458, but with no change in my problem.

Plan B:

Download the freeware version of Revo Uninstaller from here:
http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

and completely remove the Home application (yes, I saw you updated it)

Once done, again get the newest version from tomtom.com/home and try the process once more.

Also, what application is on your 930? It should be 8.351.
I followed your advice/suggestions, and all works fine now. Revo seems nice and removes Registry items as well. Just to be sure, I also ran Wise Disk & Registry cleaner before downloading TomTom Home - still V 2.8.3.2458. From TomTom Home, when I went to Operate My TomTom, and a needed file was downloaded. After that my TomTom worked perfectly from my PC. It is application V 8.351. Thank you so much for your help :). Jim

I have done all of the above and it works for about 3 times and then I again get the error. Anyone have another solution? (Have spent countless hours with tech support to no avail).

Today my xxl had the same problem and I followed the above fix removing TT home then re-installing Home.

The xxl connected OK and the updates came through OK so I will let you know if I have any more problems. Its running v9.170

Ask a Question