postcode problem help

tns

i have a 710 go and it will not let me put the whole postcode in and tell me where to go so unless i have the full address i can't find my way to destination thanks for any help

I'm surprised how often this crops up.
I had a friend only yesterday with a Go730 that he insists NEVER did full postcode search, (which I reckoned probably wasn't quite true!)

I pointed him to some instructions on downloading the zip folder as usual, and all is OK now, but it got me wondering...

Has anyone worked out which particular scenario it is where the zip folder gets lost or trashed?
We know map updates don't give you the new codes, but they usually leaves the old ones alone.

I just don't think there is that much concern about postal codes in North America, Andy (not that those files are updated anyway as separate files in each map release).

For Canada, postal code search is useless and has always been. The Tomtom just provides ANA while not including characters NAN. As a consequence, any search on the ANA may yield dozens and dozens of streets that fall in that range. As I said, useless.

As for the States....... I honestly don't think I've seen more than 3 or 4 posts out of literally thousands and thousands the past three years where users have issues. Whether the postal codes are accurate or Americans just don't bother using that functionality, I don't know.

The postal code concern is of course real for British members because I understand that many addresses in Britain are not found by street number.

Ask a Question