tomtom postcode problem

Has anyone had the problem with the tomtom go 510 that you can only input the first part of the postcode? IE i can enter for example DE56 but not the next bit of the postcode...i have to manually select the street and number. Is this right? because i swear it didnt do this at first, and i was able to imput the full postcode.

no room

I tried to do what you sugested, but there is no room on the flash drive of my tomtom. Im now stuck. Thankyou so much though.

You only need about 10MB of space to get full postcodes, I would have a look in the voices folder and work out which ones to remove as its easy to free up 30MB of space by deleting the foreign voices:

data04.chk
data04.vif
data05.chk
data05.vif

The avove four files are for Jane and Yim the two UK voices, copy the remainder to the PC then remove them all from the folder - your zip folder and contents will fit now - Mike

flash drive

i cant fit the files mentioned by dhn onto the flash drive for the tomtom...is there a way of getting a bigger capacity card? i tried transfering all the data from the tomtom card onto an empty 1 gig card of mine, but the tomtom unit wouldnt recognise it..help.

Did you read my previous post about how to create extra space on your existing card?

You can use a larger card upto 2GB but it must be a high speed card or the device will refuse to use it - I suspect your 1 GB card is probably too slow for the device so it won't use it - Mike

Ask a Question