Postcodes on the TomTom Start

I have a TomTom Start. It works beautifully if I put a street and house number in but I have difficulty with a postcode. UK postcodes require a space in the middle like PH33 7NU but there is no space bar to enter that space. If I omit the space, there is no way of putting an enter or "done" in to find the map directions. Please, can anyone help as there is nothing about this in the instruction manual.

You don't enter a space when inputing a postcode:

PR4 1AX is entered PR41AX

Once the postcode is found in the devices database then it will suggest a list of road(s) from which you select the correct one and enter the number, if it doesn't recognise the postcode its probably not in the database on the device.

You can install a new postcode database to the device by clicking Here unzip the downloaded file then use Windows Explorer to copy the files to the "zip" folder on your device - Note TomTom Home doesn't update the postcode data for some strange reason - Mike

Last edited:

Ask a Question