postcode search not working on tomtom one v1

TomTom Model(s)
One first edition
My screen freezes when I tap navigate to postcode. Support were no help. Do any of you guys know what is wrong?

Application no 8.204 - Map western europe 1gb 825.2159

Grandsire

Out of my element here but I think the zip file provided for that map works in UK and Holland only. Is you map one of the two?

Anyway, hopefully another UK resident -- and member here -- mikealder, will see this thread and provide decent information to you. Or pm him for advice.

Yes Western Europe map is both. The zip folder is ther and contains the postcode files but the navigation screen freezes before postcode input.

Grandsire

App 8.204 is only meant for the x40 tomtom's, with 64 mb ram.

The proper version of software for your unit is navcore 7.903.

If you force 8.204 onto a tomtom One v1, the postcode problem is a known issue. That part of the software that needs 64mb ram, and crashes on 32mb devices.

Last edited:
Postcode search not working

Thanks for that. I am in long term correspondence with tomtom support who tell me that 8.204 is now correct for my device. If I put 7.903 back on I get a "no maps found" error which is worse than no postcode search!

Per this listing, 7.903 is the latest for the ONE 1st edition. And 8.204 is for the GO x40 only.

Are you sure you have a ONE V1 model? The maps used in 8.204 are different and not compatible with the maps used on 7.903, which explains your "no maps found issue". If tomtom sold you the wrong map, you should tell tomtom support to send you a corrected one.

The supplier of the map, an Amazon seller, emailed me to tell me to change the the keyboard to QWERTY and all is now well!!

Thank you all!

Something is strange here. Amazon may be a legitimate seller of units. But NOT of maps. Only TomTom can sell legitimate maps for any TomTom.

Some maps were made available pre-loaded to SD cards and locked to the unique ID of the memory card, but to get one of these working with a TomTom One would require various folders and files copying the card.
As for TomTom CS saying you have the correct application for the device I think they are wrong (not unusual) you can expect crashes and re-boots if running Navcore intended for an x40 device on a One.

All sounds ratehr dodgy to me - Mike

The supplier of the map, an Amazon seller, emailed me to tell me to change the the keyboard to QWERTY and all is now well!!

Thank you all!

Thaaank you! Worked lika a charm. Strange fix though, but it works. I also have V8.204 on TomTom One v1 and couldn't do a postcode search. In fact, it crashed each time I tried.

If you are running 8.204 on a Tomtom ONE, then your software/maps were pirated.

Postcode crashing is a frequently reported symptom of the pirated software.

Ask a Question