POI/Street List: One Moment Please...

reset, reset, reset

i'm pin-resetting my 920 3-4 times per day now. street searches and data connects all require pin-resets.

my mount location makes it tough to pin-reset, without removing it from the mount... so dangerous while driving.

without rtfm, can anyone recommend a reset technique using the remote or a hard button? you might even save my life! :)

i'm pin-resetting my 920 3-4 times per day now. street searches and data connects all require pin-resets.

my mount location makes it tough to pin-reset, without removing it from the mount... so dangerous while driving.

without rtfm, can anyone recommend a reset technique using the remote or a hard button? you might even save my life! :)

It might help us to know what your unit is, or is not doing, that makes you thnk it needs all the resets.

street searches and data connections all require pin-resets. everything works fine after reset.

without rtfm, can anyone recommend a reset technique using the remote or a hard button sequence? holding down on/off for a long time, maybe?

street searches and data connections all require pin-resets. everything works fine after reset.

without rtfm, can anyone recommend a reset technique using the remote or a hard button sequence? holding down on/off for a long time, maybe?

The solution that has worked best for me was to use either the old 7.221 or the new 8.010 firmware. No more resets.

If you have the traffic receiver, I've found the easiest way to hit the reset button is to use the plug from the receiver. Perfect size for that little hole.

Alternately, if you get into the back end Linux command line interface (Google for the OpenTom project), you would just need something that would issue a "reboot" (or "init 6" if they follow Linux standards and traditions with regard to runlevels) command. That command could then be added to the normal TomTom menu.

Ask a Question