POI's without a street name?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL540TM
As I wade through all of the possible enhancements / mods for my new TomTom One 3rd, I came to the realization that quite a few of my current accounts and prospects don't have a legitimate street address, but alas a Rural Route delivery number i.e.: RR7 ect.

With that said...

How does Google Maps determine the marker placement on a given map? Is it merely a random ballpark location, maybe the center of the zip code or township boundaries for an area? If so, am I looking at a scenario where I'm SOL as far as my new traveling companion is concerned ...:mad:

PS: I guess that in a worst case, I could always mark the exact location with their latitude and longitude? once I finally discover (through trail and lots of error) were an account is situated.

Thanks

Tom G, Sr.

As I wade through all of the possible enhancements / mods for my new TomTom One 3rd, I came to the realization that quite a few of my current accounts and prospects don't have a legitimate street address, but alas a Rural Route delivery number i.e.: RR7 ect.

With that said...

How does Google Maps determine the marker placement on a given map? Is it merely a random ballpark location, maybe the center of the zip code or township boundaries for an area? If so, am I looking at a scenario where I'm SOL as far as my new traveling companion is concerned ...:mad:

PS: I guess that in a worst case, I could always mark the exact location with their latitude and longitude? once I finally discover (through trail and lots of error) were an account is situated.

Thanks

Tom G, Sr.

Goto this link:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoder/

Allows you to put in addresses and it converts them to GPS coordinates.

Geocoder Website

Hi dhn:

I took a look at the link you were kind enough to provide. It's a great addition to my list of TomTom related links, Thank You.

I inputted a few of my accounts that I recently visited and compared where I know them to be located - vs.- Geocoder. Both examples were off more then a couple of miles. Close, but no cigar:(

I think the approach to follow on a cold call scenario, is to ascertain before hand where the (Rural Free Delivery ie:RR8) account is located in relation to the closest marked road. Once there, mark the exact location in latitude & longitude and set-up on TomTom as a POI for future reference.

Any further thoughts on your part would be appreciated.

All The Best

Tom G, Sr.

Ask a Question