Cross street / Intersections problems with go920.. POI problems as well.. :(

hello,

When I want to navigate to a cross Street or Intersection with my Go920, I get "One moment please" when it gets to the second cross street and it doesn't find anything making my intersection navigation useless..

Furthermore, My tomtom freezes when looking for POI sometimes.. A soft reset fixes the problem.. but it's still annoying..

Am I the only one with those problems ? Is tomtom aware of those problems and are there any fixes coming up?

Thanks for your help.

I have the EXACT same problems. Many many calls to TOMTOM have been useless. Try clearing the route upon arrival, on occasion this has kept the problem of missing map info from happening. They had me run the clear flash tool, completely reformat the units internal memory, which resulted in no TTS so I had to ship the unit back & wait for a replacement, re-download my maps, reinstall the app on the unit, and reinstall home. None of this has worked, and they seem to not be answering my questions at the official tomtom website, when I ask for help via the "My questions" under my account.

If its not too late I would return it, and buy another brand. I have heard that it is possible to make the 920 into a 930, but that seems like it may make a bad product worse.

TOMTOM better address these issues, especially since right after I bought the 920 the 930 shipped.

Last edited:
I've had the same problems with my 920, only when trying to enter an intersection by using speech recognition though. If I type it in it works ok.
I've had the problem in every configuration with software 7.221 and 7.481 and maps 710 and 720. My calls to TT were also useless, the end result of which was the rep telling me that the software is "buggy" and "hopefully" they will get it fixed. I'm not very optimistic.
I also returned my original unit and got a replacement with same results on both.

Ask a Question