poi doesnt give street numbers?

hi!

i just got a tomtom one 125 for christmas and i look up like target and it just gives me the street and not the street number..

for example. it gives me apple street instead of 1234 apple street

is this normal? do i have to enable something? or is this just a feature that tomtom does not have?

the way i do it is this. i go to Navigate To, then POI, then POI near you, then Search and then type in target.. am i doing it wrong?

also i have looked everywhere online for others having problems with this and i have not found one thing!

someone please help!

thank you! :)

Mine has preferences-->street name preferences (pg. 4)-->show house numbers.

Any help?

no that doesnt work! i dont understand..

it gives me like the street and cross street but not the actual street number. so it basically takes me to a certain area and then lets me fend for myself!

I, too, just recently got a 125, and hadn't noticed this. So, I just checked and you're right, no street numbers. At least on the places I just tried. But, when I used it to try it out, it took me to the stores (a Lowe's and a Publix), so I don't know that it's really a problem.

I, too, just recently got a 125, and hadn't noticed this. So, I just checked and you're right, no street numbers. At least on the places I just tried. But, when I used it to try it out, it took me to the stores (a Lowe's and a Publix), so I don't know that it's really a problem.

It is a problem when you're in a city like Phoenix, where all addresses are either N, S, E or W. If you have 2 McDonalds restaurants on the same street, it's nice to know if it's at 1600 E Thomas Rd or 2600 E Thomas Rd. Without that information, you can't really make an informed decision as to which one to go to. I've noticed this on my 125 as well, and I don't like it.

It is a problem when you're in a city like Phoenix, where all addresses are either N, S, E or W. If you have 2 McDonalds restaurants on the same street, it's nice to know if it's at 1600 E Thomas Rd or 2600 E Thomas Rd. Without that information, you can't really make an informed decision as to which one to go to. I've noticed this on my 125 as well, and I don't like it.

I'm sorry, I guess I should have said "I don't know that it's really a problem to me." I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a problem to others. I didn't think about the possibility you mentioned. Where I live, not an issue.

Ask a Question