POI/Street List: One Moment Please...

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
This is a continuation of the topic started on the Voice Recognition thread.

Problem description: When searching through a list using the touchscreen keyboard or by voice (such as a street list or POI list), the unit displays a grey, "One Moment Please" which persists even after waiting for half an hour or more.

Most reliable way to reproduce:
* Try navigating to an intersection. Usually it fails with the second street lookup.
* Try the Route Planner, entering both a new source and destination address

Workarounds that seem to work:
* Roll back to the firmware before 7.480, restoring all directories (not just ASR) [so far so good; I'm continuing to test this]
* Soft reset seems to temporarily address the problem, God help the person who has to enter both a source and a destination without resetting in the middle.

So far, downgrading to 7.221 has worked like a charm. No problems searching for streets or POIs.

I am going to try this to resolve these issues, since nothing TT Cust Service has recommended has worked yet. Big question though - when you hook the TT up to the computer and TT Home, how do you prevent it from updating to the newer software???

Thanks!

When it shows the new version available, refuse the offer to download and install.

I downgraded to 7.221, and went out for a spin - seems to have worked perfectly. Am leaving Saturday to take a long trip, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the help and the replies.

Dear Marc ,

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support regarding the application version 7.481. It is our goal to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. We are always happy to help.

The errors that you are receiving with the 7.481 application are errors that we are aware of and are currently working on correcting. At this time we do not have an estimated time frame for this. We do apologise for the inconvienence and appreciate your patience.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Sierra
The TomTom Customer Support Team

When it hangs, try hitting the 'back' button every 4 or 5 seconds for a total of 3 or 4 times. See if it clears itself.

Hmmm; I wonder if we're talking about the same bug. My 920 never completely hung; hitting Back does go back. More like "one moment" is just a really really long period of time. Infinitely long. ...but I can go back and try a second, third, or even tenth time. It never actually finds what I'm looking for.

how to?

So far, downgrading to 7.221 has worked like a charm. No problems searching for streets or POIs.

please can you tell us how to downgrade to the previous version (7.221)because i have the same problem with my go 920T...the 7.481 is sucks and why tomtom did not fix the bug or remove that version and give us the old one?

please can you tell us how to downgrade to the previous version (7.221)because i have the same problem with my go 920T...the 7.481 is sucks and why tomtom did not fix the bug or remove that version and give us the old one?

Go to this link and grab it.
http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/index.html

Overwrite the files in the root of the unit with those in the link. You may need a pin reset.

This is a continuation of the topic started on the Voice Recognition thread.

Problem description: When searching through a list using the touchscreen keyboard or by voice (such as a street list or POI list), the unit displays a grey, "One Moment Please" which persists even after waiting for half an hour or more.

Most reliable way to reproduce:
* Try navigating to an intersection. Usually it fails with the second street lookup.
* Try the Route Planner, entering both a new source and destination address

Workarounds that seem to work:
* Roll back to the firmware before 7.480, restoring all directories (not just ASR) [so far so good; I'm continuing to test this]
* Soft reset seems to temporarily address the problem, God help the person who has to enter both a source and a destination without resetting in the middle.

Hi Cputrdoc,

Thanks for this post, I'm have same problem as described above, especially in unfamiliar locations (especially out of state locations and as this problem persist, I'm seriously considering Nuvi 770 as a replacement). Please outline the steps to roll back the firmware to pre 7.480.

thanks....

One Moment Please...

On may 20,2008 -tt720 version 7.481, I too got the grey "One Moment Please...". I took a different path then downing the level. I deleted several of the last non-tomtom POI's, Home_Depot, Lowes, Radio Shack, and Sams. That left me with In-n-Out. My tt720 works OK, now does a POI search without the message. I think the problem is the # of non-tomtom POIs or one of the POIs is bad. Still working the problem, but maybe this will help somebody. This is really a good site for problems.

One Moment Please...

On may 20,2008 -tt720 version 7.481, I too got the grey "One Moment Please...". I took a different path then downing the level. I deleted several of the last non-tomtom POI's, Home_Depot, Lowes, Radio Shack, and Sams. That left me with In-n-Out. My tt720 works OK, now does a POI search without the message. I think the problem is the # of non-tomtom POIs or one of the POIs is bad. Still working the problem, but maybe this will help somebody. This is really a good site for problems.

One Moment Please...

The plot thickens on tt720- Version 7.481. I now have all 10 non-tomtom POIs in. (back to where I was when I got the "one Moment Please..."). Now my tt720 works just fine. so now I just wait for it to fail again and watch.

Aha!! Fixed my 7.481 920T - Removed POI's!!

The plot thickens on tt720- Version 7.481. I now have all 10 non-tomtom POIs in. (back to where I was when I got the "one Moment Please..."). Now my tt720 works just fine. so now I just wait for it to fail again and watch.

I read this post & remembered that I had added a few POI's while playing with my TT, so I connected it to my TT Home application, navigated to the "Remove Items from my GO" screen, selected all of the added POI's, Opted to "Back up to my computer", removed them, disconnnected & tested. My 920T now searches through the (Still Resident, factory default) POI's without any problems.

Further research could reveal which POI's were causing the problem (don't have time now, but will tonight) - I removed (and backed up on my computer): Fire Stations, Playing Field, Retail Stores & School.

Update: I added Retail Stores back & tested & it works fine. As I backed up the POI's, I can reinstall to see which was the offending POI set.

HTH,

Franko

Last edited:
I had a similar problem, but my device would quickly display "No POI Found". I figured out that it was a bad POI (red light camera.ov2). I updated the file with a newer one I found on the net and I too can now search to completion.

This works PERFECTLY!!!

Go to this link: http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/index.html and grab the 7.221 software. When downloaded, overwrite just the files in the root of the tomtom unit (not stuff in folders), do a pin reset and you should be good to go.

I called Tomtom yesterday to ask about this problem. I could not search POIs or by cross streets. The rep told me that my map was corrupt. I was told to delete my North America map and to download it again. I did that and the problem was the same. I then decided to erase the POIs I downloaded and that did not help at all.

I was a little weary about downgrading to 7.221, not being sure what would happen to my 920. I decided to take a chance and it worked like a charm. Just downloaded the zip file, extracted the files and copied all the files to my TomTom. Now I can search POIs and cross streets.

Thanks dhn!!!

You are welcome. Now, make sure you make a complete backup of your 920's contents using Explorer, not TTHome. Ensure that hidden files are shown and so are extensions for known file types.

Ask a Question