POI questions

TomTom Model(s)
One v4
First, I am really enjoying the TT1 and customizing it with info from this site but I am wondering if there is a limit to the number of POI's I can add or is it just a space issue? For some reason I think I read 30 somewhere but I can't find it to confirm. Second...after driving 700+ miles to SC I was amazed to see how many cars had portable GPS units. Since they are so common now why don't more companies create these poi databases to download from their websites? It just seems like a great way to get the info since they would/should know where the locations are and it could help increase their business. Do any companies do this?

Last edited:
Do you happen to know if there is a max # of custom POIs? I thought I read it somewhere but can't find it now.

I don't know if there is a max number of POIs allowed, but what happens if you load a bunch of POI files and some POIs are duplicated between the files? Will the same POI show up multiple times in the device or is it smart enough to know they are the same and only show it once?

I don't know if there is a max number of POIs allowed, but what happens if you load a bunch of POI files and some POIs are duplicated between the files? Will the same POI show up multiple times in the device or is it smart enough to know they are the same and only show it once?

The limit of ov2's is 99, and that definitely does not include those pre-installed on the device (those in poi.dat). Meaning, you can have 99 custom categories. More than that limit and the other categories will not display.

In my observation, if there are multiple POI's in the same location, I have seen it pile on top of each other. You can usually make out the edges of the POI icon underneath the one on top.

Ask a Question