Created new POI file for REI but have questions

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Ok I created a custome POI and after trial and error I have the name I want for the stores and the phone number I think working (it looks the same but have not tried to call one using it) but I have a question.

If you look at one of the POIs that are there by default or if I create a POI using the device I can add the address and when you click on the POI it shows a button called details on the right below the phone number which Shows you the address (also in some cases catagory like restaraunt).

Can we create our POI files to contain this information (I want the store address to be available also (instead of just the GPS cord location) as Im fussy that way *LOL*)

DHN,

thanks for the reply. I had been using POI edit to try set it up but it only seems to allow the name and co-ords (unless im missing something). I ended up using makeov2 from tomtom to create the file though and even with their description there is no mention of address

Steve

ASAIK, there is NO WAY to create custom POIs with Detail button.
This is the secret that Tomtom has NOT released to end-users yet and they have no intention to do so.
The best case so far is creating a POI with address as NAME and >phone number.

Ask a Question