Questions about Adding / Revising POIs

Hi. I was wondering what's the best way to add missing POIs? For example, I passed a gas station that wasn't listed. Should I just enter the cross street it's located at? Or if possible, find the exact address and enter that?

Also, there's two entries for an Office Depot near me.. When I try to delete the extra one, it only bring one up. I remember downloading the Retail POI from the TomTom Home update.. I assume that other Office Depot was from that. Can I delete those POI for the Retail POIs?

Lastly, is it possible to have the name of the POI appear on the map while you're driving by?
Thanks

You can add/edit TT's POIs using mapshare

Sorry you can have the name of the POI appear on the map unless you go to browse map and select on the POI. It will give you the information.

You can add/edit TT's POIs using mapshare

Sorry you can have the name of the POI appear on the map unless you go to browse map and select on the POI. It will give you the information.

Hi. Thanks.. I was able to figure out the Browse Map function.. Is this universal with all TomTom GPSs? I currently have the TomTom One 3rd edition I'm trying out.. Does any other models of TomTom have the ability to show POI information as you drive by?
Later

Yes this function works with all TomTom units.

I think what he was asking, and I may be incorrect (but I am asking it anyways) is there a way to make the name of the POI pop up without actually going into the browse map option... Kind of a pain in the butt to have to delve into the menus while driving in order to figure out what the POI is - especially if the POI is incorrect and you're wondering what the heck is there. :)

Ask a Question