POI help?

eks

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Would anybody be willing to assist me in making a new entry in the POI category? I'm definitely not computer savy. Here's what I would like to do....I shoot a compound bow and the company that makes this particular bow has on their website a dealer locator option. But, instead of listing all the dealers at once it's required to look up by specific location which doesn't help if I'm on the road without a laptop and need to find the closest archery retailer...hence I would like to have a POI listing all retail locations for all to share .....i'm going to email the company and request the locations. Reading through the instructions on TOM TOM home it says i need to have it on an Excel SS with each locations Lat & Long. I just want to make sure this is correct before i place the request to the company. If they do provide the info would someone on here be willing to covert it to a POI?

thanks
eks

Last edited:
Hi eks,

I'm sure that there are a lot of people on this forum who could do this, but why not try it yourself as it is fun to do. If you use a Windows PC, then POIEdit is a very good program for creating POIs.

Regards,

This Visualizer program should help you to geocode the addresses (several) . Save them as GPX format .
The you can use program POIConverter to convert GPX to TomTom OV2 . Copy the file into the GPS map folder (the file name will be the Category name).
Now you need an icon for that Category unless you are contented with the default (red rectangle).

Ask a Question