One Touch POI Entry Help Required.

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom One V3, App V8, Aus V8.15. HTC HD2 App V7.4, Aus v8.15 and GPS Sport Tracker v1.7.0
I need the Power Of The Masses help. I wish to enter one particular POI, on the fly, at my current position, but my TomTom One V3 requires the following presses to do this:-
1. Menu
2. Change Settings
3. Scroll Next Menu
4. Manage POI's
5. Add POI
6. Scroll To Required POI
7. Choose POI
8. Choose My Location.

Bit of a problem when driving at 100km/h, in an Australian state where it is illegal to manually opperate a GPS or phone while driving.

What I need is to create a button on the Navigation screen (similar to the Map Corrections button on the Navigation screen) that, with one press, enters the current position and associates it to one chosen POI. Name doesn't matter as it is only the location I require.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to access the Map Corrections information from the TomTom, as I could just press the Map Corrections Button, then create a POI file from the corrections.

The reason I need this tweak is that I am doing a road safety piece on Facebook, and am marking all known Fatal Accident points on major routes, or notorious accident locations, currently in Tasmania, Australia, but about to include Victoria, Australia. (The file is posted below which includes the POI file and icons for TomTom for Australian users, and a KMZ file for Google Earth for everyone else.)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• Fatal POI.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 302
Consider a Columbus V900 GPS data logger as that has Target of opertunity via a button and the ability to record a short amount of speech relating to the location giving you time to make verbal notes as well as position, works a treat, much smaller than a TT and uses a MicroSD card for storage.

Modifying the TomTom One to do this is going to be rather messy as installing a Navcore intended for a different device might get you the short cut menu button but it will probably break something else! - Mike

Check mapshare preferences. Many models have an option to "show report button in driving view".

If you have that option, you can tap the report button whenever you have a place to mark while driving. Then when you're home, you can go to mapshare and it will let you manually add POIs for each of the places previously marked.

Ask a Question