Need Help With POI Conversion

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605M RV / XL335M
I just subscribed to the POI database at this website:

http://www.ultimatecampgrounds.com/uc/index.php

There are 2 files that I am unable to load onto my TomTom VIA 1605RV no matter what I do, I've tried every workaround imaginable.

Can someone please help me convert the 2 files (poi.csv and phelps.xls) into usable TomTom .ov2 files?

The poi.zip file is too large to upload here, but I've attached the phelps.zip

Thanks

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605M RV / XL335M
I did try GPSBabel, and also every other conversion tool online. It keeps coming back as "invalid file" and such. The few times I was able to load on an .ov2 file to the device, there wasn't any content.

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
I think the quick trick will be to try to turn your Phelps xls into a well massaged Garmin style csv and then turn that back into a proper *.ov2. Will look at it this morning and let you know how I make out.

First thing we'll have to do is get rid of all the entries that don't have any associated coordinates (about 2/3 of the total entries)! There are also two entries with invalid coordinates (positive longitude in the U.S ain't right!)

Last edited:

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
Geez - I hope you didn't pay too much for the Phelps data. It's poorly maintained. Here's an *.ov2 (inside the zip) for what I could extract from it that had any coordinate data that could be used. It's actually quite large number of sites.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question