Need Help With POI Conversion

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605M RV / XL335M
I just subscribed to the POI database at this website:

http://www.ultimatecampgrounds.com/uc/index.php

There are 2 files that I am unable to load onto my TomTom VIA 1605RV no matter what I do, I've tried every workaround imaginable.

Can someone please help me convert the 2 files (poi.csv and phelps.xls) into usable TomTom .ov2 files?

The poi.zip file is too large to upload here, but I've attached the phelps.zip

Thanks

Attachments

• phelps.zip
    250.7 KB · Views: 3,603
I did try GPSBabel, and also every other conversion tool online. It keeps coming back as "invalid file" and such. The few times I was able to load on an .ov2 file to the device, there wasn't any content.

I think the quick trick will be to try to turn your Phelps xls into a well massaged Garmin style csv and then turn that back into a proper *.ov2. Will look at it this morning and let you know how I make out.

First thing we'll have to do is get rid of all the entries that don't have any associated coordinates (about 2/3 of the total entries)! There are also two entries with invalid coordinates (positive longitude in the U.S ain't right!)

Last edited:
Geez - I hope you didn't pay too much for the Phelps data. It's poorly maintained. Here's an *.ov2 (inside the zip) for what I could extract from it that had any coordinate data that could be used. It's actually quite large number of sites.

Attachments

• Phelps.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 289

Ask a Question