New and need help w/POI's

TomTom Model(s)
XL350T
:confused:Hello all...have had my XL350 since last Dec.'10 with no problems, until recently. About a month ago I lost all my POI's that I selected to view on map. I've checked and double checked my selections both on GPS and thru Home and they show they are selected. Have downloaded the latest map week of 8/15/11. Have reset and still nothing. GPS seems to be working fine, but just no POI's on display. This probably not the right forum location butu not sure where to turn. Any help greatly appreciated...Thanks

These are the built in (not custom) pois you are referring to?

And you have gone to Browse Maps-->Show pois on map?

POI's not showing on map

DHN, Thanks for the reply. The POI's I was talking about were the built in ones that came with the unit. In the mean time, last night I restored my unit from an earlier map version that I had backed up, and now they're back. Later today after I get off work, I'll go ahead and put the new map updates on and then see what happens.

Thanks,

If they disappear again, let us know as there will be two files you can copy from the old map folder to reinstate them.
It's a bit of a mystery why they were missing from the new map though!

Missing POI's

Andy, thanks for the info. I will get back to you after I install the update. Was strange that they, POI's, did disappear as they were there at one time. If I recall they went away even prior to me installing the latest map update a week ago. In any event, I will let you know what happens...Thanks, also as I stated in my initial post, this probably wasn't the area to pose the question but I didn't know where else to ask.

Shall we move it to the "XL" section, now we've said 'hello'? :)

Missing POI's

Andy, Installed the new maps and everything looks OK. Went for drive and my POI's are there. Thanks everyone for all the help. Was wondering if should do my backups through Home or just copy all files off XL into folder on PC? Once again, Thanks

Andy, Installed the new maps and everything looks OK. Went for drive and my POI's are there.
Good news!

Was wondering if should do my backups through Home or just copy all files off XL into folder on PC?
Copy all the files and folders onto your PC using Windows Explorer. It's the easiest and most consistently successful way. It also means you can make as many backups as you like (or even partial ones, such as just the map folder or everything except the map folder). Home only allows you to make ONE backup.

Andy, forgot to mention, if you want to move this into XL section that would be OK.

I already did! :)

Ask a Question