Please help with canadian tomtom in UK.

TomTom Model(s)
go 630
Hello i have owned 2 tomtoms a tomtom one which lasted me 10years and my new tomtom go 630 which i bought when living in Canada.My problem is i cant get my UK maps from my old one to work on my 630.I know this is probably a stupid question but is it possible to get UK maps on without spending £40?

Thanks

David

Not stupid at all. You can't share maps between devices, even 2 devices of the same model. Sorry.

It's all due to licencing. Just like computer software, you don't actually buy the maps, you buy a licence to use the maps in whichever way the sellers allow in the T+Cs.

In TT's case they have licenced you to use the maps on one specific TomTom unit, and have put measures in place to stop you doing anything else with them..

ah ok.I only had it around a month in canada so now i have to pay out again :( is tomtom the only place you can buy from ? Thanks
David

Ask a Question