You can put them in by hand it is easy just a bit time consuming. Not real bad but does take some time. My LG choclate 8550 did the same thing so I did it by hand today and it is a awsome feature having your phone book in the GPS unit.
I just coppied the 6 name numbers things from below and pasted them in the word pad file many times and then went back and changed the imformation to my names and phone numbers leaving the 1 off from the 1800 make it 800 ??? ????
Here is the instructions I coppied and pasted from a members post (Richard Scott). It worked on my 720 perfect
- Connect your Go 720 to the computer.
- On your computer desktop open My Computer.
- Open the TomTom drive.
- Make a txt file in the root of your TT called contacts.txt .
- Put the next lines in the txt file (copy and Paste):
- Now you can fill in your names and phone numbers: rename name1 etc. to ex. Peter, Joe, etc. Please note that you can places spaces in the Names (ex. "Peter Collins","0011234567890").
- Do the same for the numbers. You can make the list as long as needed, just copy the last line below the end (make sure the brackets and commas are not removed or displaced) .
- Save the file.
- Shut down the device and remove the USB cable.
- Restart your Go 720.
- If successful, you will now see your Phone Book entries listed.