Operate My Go gone bye-bye

Known problem, which also means you can't set the 4-digit passcode on your GPS. I saw a KB article on TomTom.com earlier today that said this will be fixed within a few days (the article has been taken down now according to Google so maybe a fix is imminent).

OMG is back

I opened OMG this morning and a message popped up saying I needed to download a new file to make the feature work again. I did, and it did.

I can confirm it worked for me. I have a TomTom 930T. I'm running TomTom HOME 2.6.0.1525. The onboard TomTom software is version 8.302 (I think).

I use the "Operate my device" feature for doing anything that involves a lot of typing, for example entering a new address for favorites, or making a map correction. Very handy.

However, it did lock up once for me. The TomTom was unresponsive, and inside of TomTom HOME, the display window flickered quickly, as if the program was in an infinite loop.

Closing TomTom HOME, unplugging the TomTom, turning it off and on again, then plugging it back again, got it out of its lockup.

Ask a Question