"Operate Device" crashes TomTom Home.

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
Ever since the update, whenever I try to "operate device" or add a favorite or whatever via the Home program, instead of accessing my GO920, the Home program crashes and closes the program.

I've already re-installed Home, deleted TomTom directory in "my documents", checked the drive on the device for errors and tried right clicking the icon and switching to "XP" compatible. None of this made any difference.

You say you have reinstalled Home .. but did you reinstall the version you already had on your machine? There have been some significant changes to Home in recent months. I think we're at 2.9.0.0 now. It could be that the device emulator for the 920 in your version of Home is too out of sync with the firmware on your 920 now.

If you have an old copy, grab a new one at the link below, and run BOTH the installer program for Home and Home itself in compatibility mode. I assume you are running Win7 or similar?

http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=16&tab=87

Resolved

Thanks, I went in and deleted the "Nav" file from the "App Data" folder, when I ran Home again it downloaded a new file and all is well!

Good deal. Home should always automatically grab a new emulator if it is needed and available, but that doesn't always happen.

Ask a Question