Operate my Go fixes non booting device

TomTom Model(s)
GO 500
In the thread at https://www.tomtomforums.com/t27648-tomtom-go-920-wont-boot-after-updating.html, dhn suggested

> Connect to Home. Run the emulator (Operate my unit).
> Plan a trip.
> Once it's done, disconnect the unit from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon.

as a solution to a Tom Tom Go 920 that was hanging during booting / startup after an update.

This tip resuscitated a TomTom Go 500 that wouldn't complete the startup process after an update to version 7.9.03, which I understand to be the latest for that device.

I post this to thank dhn for this suggestion, and to increase its prominence so that it may be found by others who would find it helpful.

This also helped me on an XXL550. I've had to do it after every map update except for the last one. I think the last software update may have fixed the underlying bug on the XXL... dhn was also my savior then, as I recall...

Sure about that, mvl.....?

I needed to do it on a Go940 running v9.4xx only last week, after an update to v895 maps.

Sure about that, mvl.....?

I needed to do it on a Go940 running v9.4xx only last week, after an update to v895 maps.
The v895 maps may be a special case. I've had problems on every device I have that appear to be connected to installing the v895 map. That may just be a coincidence, but when devices with completely different NAV code all act up, I start to get suspicious.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question