Restoring the Operate my Go Function in TomTom Home

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I just recently started updating my maps again after a long absence of using the device. I plan to upgrade to NA 890.4222 (after a full explorer backup); however, I would like to restore the Operate my GO function in TomTom Home.

I could swear dhn posted on this a couple of years ago, but I can’t find the thread. Are there any files I need to alter or delete on my device or SD card to restore the Operate my GO function, and if so, should I alter or delete these files before or after the map update?

That model now has an updated application with a version number of 9.430.

That said, when you run the most recent version of Home 2, the emulator (Operate my Go) should work when you click on the screen.

you might see a little window saying something like the function needs a file downloaded to work. Just say 'yes' to the install.

OK, this one is turning into a head scratcher.

I have the Home Support Application and the version of Home listed in my signature installed on my computer. When I connect my TT to my computer I do get the application update required window; however, when I click “Update my device”, it doesn’t list an application update, just a map update :confused:

When I click on “Manage my GO”, it tells me I have application version 8.302 on the device, and application 8.351 on my SD Card (which is where I store my map)
I updated the map to NA 890.4222 without an application update on either my device or SD Card and received a no maps found error message. I successfully restored my Windows Explorer backup to map NA 875.3613

I assume the error message was caused by the map update without the application update; if I’m correct, how do I get the latest application when TT Home is telling me I need it, but is not offering it for me to download? If I can’t get the application through TT Home, can I download it somewhere else and install it on my device and/or SD Card using Windows Explorer?

Success!

With my TT safely backed up using Windows Explorer, I went into “Manage my Go” and manually deleted both installed applications.

After three application install/boot cycles, TT Home installed application 9.430 on my SD Card. The only option missing with the new application that I’ve noticed so far is speech to text when entering an address.

I’ll make a backup with the new application tomorrow and try installing map NA 890.4222 again; I’ll post if I have any problems.

Thank you for all your help :)

Ask a Question