One XL vs. GO510 vs. HP 5915

About to take the plunge on my first GPS device since the old, old, old days (let's just say the presence of a "differential" was relevant when I was last shopping).

From all the pricing info I can see, it looks like the One XL and GO 510 are the same price (399 MSRP). Why get one over the other? The 510 seems to have additional features that the One XL lacks, so surely the new One XL has something to offer, right?

And then there is the HP iPaq 5915. It's a do-it-all machine, TomTom software preloaded, comes with and integrated SiRFstarIII. Plus it's got all the PDA stuff, media capabilities etc. My local Sprawl Mart has it for $487, and assuming it's a decent unit I would spring the extra money for the extra features.

I'll be driving only in the U.S. and Canada occasionally. The iPod integration sounds nice, although I don't really know how it works. So anybody have any advice? Thanks SO much.

Hello and welcome.
It all depends on your needs.
The ONEXL and the 510 may share the same price. You might be able to find good deals on the 910 online as well.

The ONEXL is the same unit as the ONE just have a bigger screen, 4.3". It is still slim and easy to use.
The 510 has more options such as hands free calling, Ipod integration and 4" screen. This unit is bulky and mounts different than the ONEXL.
The 910 is the same as the 510 except it has a 20g hard drive, mp3 player and most of all, Text to Speech!

I'm not too familar with the PDA navigation. I know my PDA screen is too hard to see with sun light. My battery won't last too long and the volume isn't that great.

Ask a Question