Not following through with refund

TomTom Model(s)
930T
Hi,

I ordered a new TomTom Dec. 21 and within two hours cancelled the order via telephone. There were emails back and forth to support and initially they said they would cancel the order but it went through anyway. I was told I would get a refund.

I received the TomTom after a couple of weeks and sent it off via all of their instructions (including having to pay for shipping as I was in Canada and shipping to Canada).

Since then I have no had no refund. TomTom Support will NOT respond to any of my emails. I spoke to someone yesterday who said they would have someone call in a few days and maybe they will (I'll have to see it to believe it). Given that I complied with all of the conditions and my emails are being ignored, I'm wondering if there is something else to do.

I will never buy from the TomTom store ever again due to this frustration. It's now February 7 and still nothing. I'm hoping someone from TomTom might see this but I'm new to this site and don't really know how it works so my apologies if this is inappropriate.
:mad:

Thank you dhn,
Update:
1. called the number. They do not have third level support.
2. they do not look at emails they are sent (which say you can reply)
3. the address they gave me to return the TomTom was incorrect; they made a mistake and have no copy
4. I had to take a photo of the email and send it as proof that they gave me the incorrect address
5. they verified their mistake
6. no, there will be no compensation (e.g. $25 credit on account as an apology) for any of this
This was an order I cancelled within an hour of making it. I also had to pay for shipping (to the incorrect address).

Sorry, I meant 2nd level. anyway, will be drawing your issue to a contact at TomTom. May not be able to help, but it won't hurt...............

Thank you. I was on the phone with a fellow for an hour and he did what he could to help. Still, I'm incredulous that this could happen. It's taken 1 1/2 months and I know I never would have got a call from them. Why do they not keep copies of emails they've sent you? Anyway, thanks for whatever you can do. I've been told I will now get the refund. Wish me luck! :)

Ask a Question