TOMTOM ONE XL-S : direction indicator not following route

Help. When traveling I find that about 80% of the time, the travel direction indicator ( arrow ) is not following the route I am traveling. It follows the same direction of travel but is one street off. The unit is new and I have only tried using it in the City and not on the highway. Any ideas?

Is this right in the city, in an area with lots of tall buildings?
If so, it's possibly because the signal coming from the satellites is bouncing off a building and making the Tomtom think it's position is closer to the other road.

I have the same problem with my 720 and from another source they contacted TT and the rep said to set the direction reading to seconds instead of degrees. Now having said that I don't know exactly what it does but it seems to have cured my problem. If anyone can comment on this I would appreciate it as this has been a sporadic issue that I would like to think I have solved for good.

Ask a Question