Following an Itinerary

I am going to use my One XLS to go from Ontario to Florida. It will be my first use of my TomTom where I really have no idea of the route. I created an Itinerary using TYRE with numerous waypoints. Can some one please tell me if I turn my unit on next morning after stopping overnight - will the TomTom want to start from my residence or will it pick up from the night before.

Thank you.

TomP

I can't answer that question as have not done an overniter with an Itinerary, sure hope you put in a return one and I'd also make sure I had a copy of my route (paper) just for back up.........

As long as you don't "clear the route", it should pick up where is left off the next morning (at least that's been my experience).

Not sure how it works if you want to use TT to navigate to a POI like a restaurant near your hotel. Seems like I remember somone having trouble with that, but don't remember just where that was posted.

Have a great trip. It got up to 80 degrees today here in S. Florida. :)

Yes, your TomTom should pick up from where you last left off and will try to navigate you to the next waypoint from your current position.

Thanks - I feel Better Now

Thank you. I will remember not to clear the route and just turn it off at night.

Tom P.

I did that trip with my TT in 07. As you drive past the waypoints they are marked as "visited" so the next day you will continue down the list.

I also planned my route with Tyre and it worked well. Make sure when you placed your waypoints using Tyre that you zoomed right into the road because if you placed it from a wider zoom angle it may actually be beside the route you actually want to take.

Also place quite a few on the interstates you want to drive on or else TomTom will use it's own route to the next waypoint which isn't always the best way to go.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Thanks Sab

I am going to review my TYPE files tomorrow for a final check of things just to make sure. Yes I did include several I75 waypoints.

Thanks for your advice.

Tom P.

Ask a Question