Not enough space!

Hi, just bought the XL Live IQ Routes Europe Edition and am having problems updating the map under the TomTom Latest Map guarantee. The map download successfully but when TomTom Home tries to install it to the hard disk of the device, I get the following mesage:

"There is not enough space on drive / to temporarily store your new files."

I've deleted the original map from the device, as well as removing voices but still no luck. The device has 1892 MB free and the map is less than this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Has the device ever been returned to TomTom for any reason? also use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the existing map folder on the device and are there any CSpeechXYZ.dat files in it - Mike

As I recall Macs don't actually deallocate storage space when you simply delete a folder you have to do soemthing like refresh/ empty the equivalent of the recycle bin to free up space - I hope this can give you a pointer in the right direction but the only Apple product I use is an iPhone and I don't like that very much! - Mike

Last edited:
I've emptied Trash already but thanks for the reply...am beginning to regret getting a TomTom now :(

Ask a Question