No Sound

Yup, that's the serial number from a Via 130. No promises about speed of response, but we'll see if anyone we know has heard of this before. As far as I can recall, it's certainly unique on this board.

What's distressing is the lack of any drums sound during reboot. NO user setting is capable of defeating that, and I'm discounting hardware as a problem since, if I understand you correctly, the problem cleared itself immediately after the update the first time this occurred. You've provided a pretty unique problem, and we'll see if anyone elsewhere has any thoughts on the matter.

Of course there's always the possibility that it's a hardware problem and the loudspeaker or amplifier driving it has just died....

Of course there's always the possibility that it's a hardware problem and the loudspeaker or amplifier driving it has just died....
It certainly could be, though those kinds of hardware problems rarely 'correct' themselves once they've happened, and since it was running acceptably after the last 'event'....
Anyway, we can't fix his hardware, so I figure I'll see what can be done on the software end.

@RiCu
Good news is that our friend has taken an interest in your problem, and has provided a suggestion. The problem is, I'm not 100% clear about what he's asking us to try, so please be patient while I clarify. In essence, he's asking that we place your unit into "transport mode". Before these units leave the factory from TomTom, they are given about a 50% charge (lithium ion prefers to be stored at a 50% charge if it's going to be unused for an extended period), and then shut down COMPLETELY so as not to use up any of that 50% charge. Normally, these units, even when you shut them down, are really in a very low power 'sleep' mode, not actually fully OFF, for a period of a week. What he's suggesting is that we shut your unit ALL the way down in the same way that the factory does, but I'm a bit confused about where on the screen the magic press has to occur on a particular menu. I expect to hear back from him in a day or two.

OK - we have your clarification. You'll need to follow what I'm going to describe carefully for it to work. Not difficult or anything, just not what you would expect. Understand that this procedure will reset even more than a normal hard Factory Reset. The device will appear pretty much as it did out of the box in terms of settings -- re-doing all of your settings will be a bit of pain, but our last shot at a non-hardware answer to your problem. In essence, it kills the file that contains all of your personal configuration information.

From the main screen, select "Settings"
Use the left arrow to take you to the last page of options.
Select "Reset factory settings"
When the "No / Yes" options appear at the bottom of the first screen appear, press and hold in UPPER right corner (there aren't any buttons there, but press there anyway!)

The unit should shut itself down. Afterward, power it up normally.

Let us know how the unit behaves when you do this.

Ask a Question