No Maps found - XL 30 series

Yes I took a back up manually at that stage also, a firmware only copy. Think it's XP for me from now on for this task, I do need to keep the XP machine and it's only a little Shuttle sitting at the back of my work desk taking up no room. I'm running the new Win 10 on one machine to see what it's like so may drop TT HOME on there to see if that autoplay problem is resolved or not.

Very little spare capacity on the device now for my specific content that I had on before. The newer map is slightly larger in MB's than the earlier version. In the licences folder there are text files that are copies of the licence in all the available languages, similarly the help files are also repeated in all the available languages. Am I correct in saying these (apart from the en_us) can be safely removed from the device. The space gained would be about 8 to 10 MB.

Last edited:
Yes, files in other languages can be deleted without problem. If you get tight on space, that's certainly one place to start, though it doesn't free up much space. No en_uk files? Been a while since I've looked at an old XL 30 load (our was the XL 330 in a couple of variants).

Here's a few things you can check:

You can delete the entire '.Spotlight-V100' folder
Check the 'art/cars' folder for anything you might not be using to indicate your 'car' in the map view. Many just use '-default.bmp'
Unless you are using custom voices, you can clear out what you find in 'customvoice"
You can get rid of 'helpme' in any language apart from English, or even English if you never use that feature (most never do)
'Licenses' has far too many languages.
There should be nothing inside 'raster'. Save the folder, but nuke any content there.
Check to see if there are sounds in 'sounds' that you do not ever use.
Check to see if there is content in 'text'. If so, I doubt there's anything there that you need.

Ask a Question