no maps after update

(((( sigh )))

I've bought a 2nd hand 530 tomtom hgv work with all the maps but , after i updated and tried and select euro maps it say's i cant use this map ( or infact any map ) with this device ..
If i open tomtom's 'home' > Manage my device > all the maps are on the device except Euro truck ( the one i need ) & usa canada which are on the memory card, there are no maps in 'install items for computer'

How can i get the maps working as i need it for tomorrow morning for work ...

Last edited:
Do you have the latest application on your device? Connect to Home and see if there is an update.

also, are you **sure** the Euro truck map is meant to work on that device? I'm not.

Hi
Yes the device is up to date, ive just plugged it into the computer and there's isnt a new update .
The Euro truck map/uk (& all maps) worked perfectly last night, i thought ( without backing up) id just try and update the device and now i get 'no maps' , even when i switch the device off the 'closing down' screen has changed .
Ive tried running the Clear flash tool on the device but to no avail ..
I've knackered it havent i ..

I'm not saying this is the situation here but it is possible the device you bought had hacked software to use with a map not meant for the device (Europe truck, for example) and when you updated the application, the new app recognizes the illegal map and won't allow you to use them.

You're correct , ive emailed the seller who's given me the rar file with truck map on which has installed but i still cant get it to work . Is there no way of referring the device back to before the update or completely wipe it and install the original software ?

Afraid not, you've apparently gotten a device with hacked software and maps. No assistance for users of devices with that can be offered here.

Ask a Question