No gps reception

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
All of a sudden my OneXLS does not find any satellites. It is fully charged and all else works. No matter where it is outside - same problem. Any ideas ir is it time to toss this and buy a Garmin?

All of a sudden my OneXLS does not find any satellites. It is fully charged and all else works. No matter where it is outside - same problem. Any ideas ir is it time to toss this and buy a Garmin?
Have had my 740 do that once or twice after it rebooted itself. Looks like all of the satellites disappeared all of a sudden. Guessed it was my GPS and not the satellite system. :p

Try a hard reset of your unit. Poke a paper clip gently up the small reset hole in the bottom of your unit and see if that changes the way it behaves.

I did that - in fact I did that several times. We were on an out of state trip and tried to turn this on to get help with where we had to go and had no help at all because there was no signal.

After we got home in great frustration and after several more hard resets - I threw it with great force on the floor - guess what? It started up with a signal right after that.

This is the worst GPS ever designed. TomTom should be ashamed of taking anyone's money for this junk.

Ask a Question