*** TomTom App v1.5 - Poor GPS Reception

Hi

I am using the iPhone 3GS and previously had v1.4.1 installed and it worked well, especially from the 'finding' a GPS signal but, since downloading and installing v1.5, I am having problems when I plan a route using the post code.

After putting the post code in, the route is planned and then I get 'poor gps reception', yet when I launch the 'iPhone maps' app, my location is found within a few seconds.

What's going on here?

Thanks, Dave_M

Tomtom v1.5 reception error

Hi dave yes i have had the same problems, poor gps signal and it can't keep up with me I have just got back from Southampton today tried to use it but it was 5 mins behind me I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running IOS 4.1. Your best bet is to use co-pilot it's by far the best and easier and keeps track with your every move Im sorry I could do no more to help were in the same boat my friend just wait and see if they can sort it out in future updates I guess thanks.

That's disappointing to learn that TT 1.5 suffers the same poor GPS problems as 1.4.1. I've hardly used mine since upgrading and I'd hoped 1.5 was the cure.

I'm trying to make sense of how TT gives poorer GPS locations than the iPhone map app. I thought it was simply a 1.4.1 s/w bug but clearly your problems show they are still there.

same problem here in Belgium.
Bought it yesterday , spend all day long.
restored and set up as new iphone.
mine is an official one, not jailbroken.
3GS, IOS 4.2.1 , TT 1.5.

The worst thing about all this is that there is no support from TT.

Ask a Question