Iphone 4 w/ TT version 1.6.1 "Poor GPS Reception"

Bought this app a couple of days ago and have yet to be able to use it. Everywhere I go I'm receiving a "Poor GPS Reception" regardless of whether or not I'm indoors, outdoors, or in my car. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Details:
- iphone 4: ATT&T
- app version 1.6.1
- gps function works fine with iphone maps / google maps
- tried turning blue tooth off
- verified that use location is set to 'on' for this app
- using the app in the US- specifically Rhode Island / Boston area.

Please help! Thanks!

Have you tried any other GPS related apps on your iPhone to prove its the TomTom app thats at fault or perhaps it could be the hardware?

The iPhone 3G wasn't a very good performer when it came to GPS, the 3GS model was slightly better but still below what a modern PND could achieve, the iPhone4 is a far better device when it comes to GPS perfomance.

As you have tried it while walking we can ignore the car type and windscreen coating - Mike

I had this problem back in the days of 1.4 s/w, but haven't experienced it since.

Try properly closing down app using instructions shown above under Sticky, then switching off iPhone, followed by restart.

Just downloaded the 1.6.1 version. on my 4g 32G I have not been able to use it even once.It always shows "poor GPS Reception" Same app on my wife's 4g 16G works fine. Are my doing anything wrong?

poor gps on iphone 4

:lol:i have reverted to using a programme called btstack and my bluetooth reciever a holux,and it works a treat,,,really really fast and accurate:wave:

Ask a Question